For us the fall is a season of change. Summer camps & retreats are complete, and we typically have a bit of time before fall retreats begin. We have the opportunity to reflect, and follow up with staff & campers after a busy summer, and celebrate all that God did during the past few months. For us, this summer included:
- 3 weeks of full Rock Mountain Youth Camps: Where 200+ campers learned about their True Identity in Christ. Many came to know Jesus as Savior for the first time, and even more took steps of faith to know God better.
- 10 weeks of ministry to 18 different groups.
- A full staff team that served guests and camper with excellence, and grew in their walk with God as they did.
- Fellowship and FAmily-time in God's creation in the Family Campground.
- Testimonies of lives changed by the gospel while experiencing God's truth at Rock Mountain.
We are thankful for God's provision for the leadership here at camp, and look forward to His continued work in the lives of guests, campers and staff.
- Pray for the leadership transition this fall as John departs, and Dan begins his responsibilities as Camp Director.
- Pray for Bethany Church, our Fall Overnighters & Fairview Village Church as they hold their youth retreats at Rock Mountain this October.
- Pray for opportunities to connect with new guest groups for the upcoming winter retreat season.
- Praise God with us for the lives that were impacted for eternity this summer.
- Praise God with us for seasonal staff that stepped into leadership roles, were flexible, and served with diligence all summer.
- Praise God with us for the "pause" that comes in September, allowing us to connect with staff, complete several "first-impressions" projects and make improvements to serve our guests this Fall & Winter.