What do I need to know in order to reserve my group at RMBC?
We are excited to serve you! In your initial phone call or email, please let us know the number of people in your group, the length of your retreat, and a general time of year you would like to hold your event. That will allow us to give you an accurate price, and date availability for your group. We offer flexible dates and packages based on those details.
How can I book my camp or retreat with Rock Mountain Bible Camp?
Once we have agreed on the details for your retreat, you will receive a contract. To complete the reservation for your weekend you will need to return the signed contract & deposit. The deposit is 10% of your group minimum, and can be paid by credit card or check. All group balances must be paid by check.
We are coming by bus—what is the best way to get to camp?
Our turn-by-turn directions are available here: Directions Download. While these are the best directions for EVERYONE to get to camp, it is especially important for bus drivers, and those driving vans, pulling trailers, or traveling in snow to follow them, as it is the easiest route into camp.
What should my students pack for their weekend?
Students need to bring: Sleeping bag &/or sheets & blanket, pillow, towels & toiletries as well as weather-appropriate clothing and footwear. For a suggested packing list to get your started, see our Guest Group Packing List. Please feel free to modify/adapt it for your students and your event!
What activities are available during our retreat?
There are LOTS of great activities for your students to experience at Rock Mountain! Check out our activities page for complete details!
What time are meals?
We allow your group to select the mealtimes that will best work for your schedule & retreat! Typically 8:00/8:30am, 12/12:30pm, and 5/5:30pm work well for most groups, but we are happy to accommodate your group at a time that works best for you.
Is Wi-Fi Available at camp?
Wi-Fi is provided with limited-access in the Main Building Worship Room & Lobby and Lakeview Lodge. The password will be provided to your group leader when you arrive at Rock Mountain.
Do you have any resources to help me plan my retreat schedule?
How do I register?
For Summer Camps, Retreats, & Adventure Trips, you can register online, by phone 570-756-2200 x216, or mail a paper Registration Form to: Rock Mountain Bible Camp 1156 Rock Mountain Dr. Susquehanna, PA 18847.
What are the camp fees?
Camp Fees vary and are listed in each program description.
Deposits are required for Teen, Junior, Junior Day, Mini-camp, Joshua Trek, and the Path. ($50.00- weeks, $25.00-weekends).
Deposits are subtracted from Camp Fees, and are non-refundable unless there is no room in the program**.
**COVID-19 NOTICE: In the event a program is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, and/or government mandates, all campers will be able to roll their registration deposits to 2021, or receive a full refund.
What is the refund policy?
Deposits non-refundable, unless:
- There is no room in the program
- The camper has to cancel due to a medical concern.
COVID-19 NOTICE: In the event a program is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, and/or government mandates, all campers will be able to roll their registration deposits to 2021, or receive a full refund.
Payments made over the deposit are refundable if a camper cancels at least 7 days prior to attending a camp or retreat.
There are no refunds for a partial stay at camp, except for medical reasons.
Are there additional costs/fees when I get to camp?
Our Snack Shop and/or Snack Shack are open daily for cash purchases of a variety of sweets, treats, and beverages. $2-4 per day is recommended.
Beverage and snack foods are also available for cash or credit/debit card purchase from vending machines. Prices vary.
Paintball is available as an add-on for Teen Camp for an additional $10 per session. This add-on can be pre-purchased at registration, or purchased at Teen Camp check-in as available.
T-shirts for THAW youth weekend are available for pre-order through church group leadership, or by cash purchase during the THAW weekends, as available.
Are there discounts available?
Summer Camp Discounts: Junior, Junior Day, and Teen Camp
- Early Rate: Register by May 1st, and get $35 off. (this discount has been extended due to the COVID-19 crisis)
- Family Discount (same household): 1st Child–Full Price, 2nd Child–$15 off; 3rd–$20 off, etc.
- Family Discount (same family) : $5/off each additional child/parent, the 3rd registration and following.
Youth Retreat Discounts
- Fall Overnighter – 1 free person for every 15 paid persons.
- THAW – 1 free person for every 10 paid persons.
- A “person” is a student or an adult leader attending a RMBC event.
Discounts are NOT to be subtracted from Deposit ($50.00- weeks, $25.00-weekends).
Is financial assistance available?
Yes! Financial assistance is available for individuals registering for a RMBC program.
Requests for assistance can be submitted by phone 570-756-2200 x216 or contact us. When requesting assistance, please only ask for the amount that you cannot afford to pay so that we can continue to assist as many families as possible.
How can I donate to the campership fund?
We provide approximately $3000 per year to families who cannot afford to pay the full amount for their kids experience Rock Mountain. Donations to our Campership Fund can be made on our online form. Please note that your donation if for the RMBC Campership Fund. Thank you!
What else do I need before camp?
You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail (please check your spam / junk folders to ensure that your e-mail provider does not dump RMBC correspondence there).
If you register by phone or by mail, you will receive an email asking you to claim your registration through our vendor, Camp Network. Once you claim your registration, you can manage your campers info online.
Medical Info and Informed Consent forms are required. If you register online and complete that information online, a paper form is not required. If you do not have access to your online registration info, you can mail in a paper form (PDF), or hand it in at Camper check-in.
You will receive an email from us with camper check-in details and other program-related info at least 1 month prior to camp. Unpaid balance is due upon camp check-in. Balances can be paid online with a credit card.
What happens if I am on a wait list?
Any registrations received after a program is full will have the option to be placed on a wait list.
If a spot opens up, you will be notified via phone and receive an email to complete the registration process.In the event a spot does not open up, any paid deposit or balance will be refunded.
Acceptance and participation in RMBC programs are the same for everyone regardless of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin.
How do I make a reservation?
To make a reservation at the campground, you have several options:
What are the campground rates?
- Campsites with water & Electric (20/30 amp)- $30/night.
- Campsites with water, electric (20/30 amp), & sewer – $35/night.
- Camping Cabins – $60/night.
- Cottage – $90/night.
- A non-refundable deposit of 1st night stay is required to make a reservation.
- A deposit can be paid by credit card (online or phone), check, or cash.
- Deposits are non-refundable*, but are transferable within the same camping season. (*Exceptions apply, talk to camp staff for details.)
- COVID-19 REFUND POLICY EXCEPTIONS: If a campground stay is canceled due to state-mandated closures, or is canceled due to illness or elevated risk assessment, Campground guests will have the option to:
- Reschedule their stay to a later date, up to 12 months in advance of their current reservation.
- Transfer any payments to another booked reservation.
- Receive a full refund.
Are there additional costs/fees?
- Our Snack Shack is available for cash purchases of a variety of sweets, treats, beverages, and camp souvenirs.
- A beverage vending machine is available.
- Firewood is available for $3 per crate.
- Ice is available for $2 per bag.
- Ping Pong Balls are available for $0.25/ea.
- Zipline is available for $45/hour, or $3/person, as available.
- Lasertag is available for $1/player per game, as available.
Where/When is check-in & check-out?
- All campground guests must check-in before setting up at the Campground Host Office (located on the porch of the Campground Host house).
- Check-in is anytime AFTER 2:00pm.
- Camping Cabins or Cottage Check-out is BEFORE 11:00am.
- Campsite Check-out is BEFORE 12:00pm.
- Unpaid Balances are due at Check-in.
- Visitor Pass must be displayed on each registered vehicle.
What are the campground rules?
See all Campground Guidelines here
Rules about Pets:
- Pets are allowed at campsites only. They must be on a leash, and under control at all times.
- NO PETS are allowed in any Cabins, Cottage, bathhouse, the pool, or other camp buildings.
Unmarried, unrelated campground guests must stay in separate rental units, tents, RV/Campers, or on separate sites from guests of the opposite gender.
Fishing is CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY. A valid PA fishing license is required for individuals 16 years and older.
Prohibited items and actions include illegal drugs, alcohol, fireworks, firearms or other weapons, removing branches from live trees, picking flowers, gathering plants, cutting firewood, hunting, feeding or disturbing wildlife, use of unlicensed motorized vehicles. While not encouraged, smoking is only allowed at your campsite.
Quiet Hours are 10pm to 8am. Please be considerate of other guests. Children under 16 are to be under the parent’s direct supervision throughout quiet hours.
Are there any long term campsites?
Booking a Seasonal campsite
- Contact the Program Manager by using our Contact form to arrange a Seasonal Site.
- If no sites are available, you will be placed on a waiting list, and be notified when a site becomes available.
Booking an Extended Stay campsite?
- An Extended Stay Site is a designated site that is rented from June 1 until August 31.
- These sites have water & electric only.
- Contact the Program Manager by using our Contact form to arrange a Extended Stay Site.
Booking a Monthly stay? (NEW in 2020)
- A monthly rate is available for sites in our Upper Campground.
- Any available site can be reserved monthly (full hookups or water/elect. only).
- Contact the Program Manager by using our Contact form to arrange a monthly rate site.
Have a Question? Contact Us.
Our staff is here to answer any questions you might have and to assist you in your planning. Our goal is to make your stay with us enjoyable and memorable!