Summer Youth Camps & Trips Update
June 4, 2020
Greetings from Rock Mountain!
Thank you for your prayer and support of Rock Mountain Bible Camp. Our team has been working hard to prepare our programs, staff, and facilities to safely welcome youth, families, and church groups back to Rock Mountain for 2020. Our Executive Director and Board of Directors have affirmed our mission to provide opportunities for our campers, groups, and staff to experience Truth, Community, and Change through Jesus Christ this summer. We are excited to serve guests and campers, even though it will look different as we comply with PA Department of Health and CDC guidance on mitigating the impact of the COVID-19 virus.
As of today, Susquehanna County is currently in the YELLOW Phase. Our Family Campground is open, and we have been safely operating under the DOH & CDC guidance since May 15. We are allowed to run family, day event, and small-group programming under the state’s restrictions for the Yellow Phase.
We are excited that overnight youth programs will be allowed to operate under the GREEN phase. We are hopeful that our county will be GREEN before our Teen Camp program on July 12. As we adjust procedures for camp, and implement the appropriate guidance for the health and safety of our staff & campers, we will send our Health & Safety plan directly to registered campers and post it on our website prior to overnight camps starting.
So, what’s the bottom line?
- Our Family programs (Joshua Trek, Mini-Camp, Campground) are open and are operating in the Yellow Phase. There are restrictions on some of our amenities/activities. https://www.rockmountainbiblecamp.org/blog/category/covid-19-updates/
- Our Youth programs (Teen Camp, Junior Camp, The Path), and Guest Group ministry will resume when our County is moved to Green Phase. https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/20200522-Department-of-Health-2020-Summer-Program-FAQ.pdf
- We are committed to complying PA Department of Health and/or CDC guidance that apply to our operations.
- We will be communicating all health & safety specifics to registered campers/families closer to the program dates as those procedures are made clear by the PA Department of Health.
- Any camper or staff who is sick, and/or has had close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 (in the last 14 days) must cancel or reschedule their stay to a future date.
What will happen if a program is canceled due to state-mandated closures, or a camper needs to cancel due to illness or elevated risk assessment in their family?
- All registered campers will have the option to:
- Roll their deposit over to a 2021 Youth Camp or Trip Program.
- Transfer any payments made to another youth camp, retreat, or adventure trip.
- Transfer any payments made to another campers’ registration.
- Receive a full refund.
We will continue follow all guidelines for cleaning/disinfecting and will be increasing the frequency of disinfecting all high-touch areas and shared recreational equipment.
Will you join us in praying for God to work as we provide opportunities to experience Truth, Community, and Change through Jesus Christ at our camp & campground during this time? We look forward to serving you and your family this summer. Please contact me with any questions you might have.
See you at camp!
Reid Anderson | Program Manager