REMEMBERING ROCK: MARCH 2020
Happy Spring! While our winter retreat season ended a bit earlier than originally planned, we are praising God for the students, leaders, staff, and families that were impacted by the ministry of Rock Mountain in the past three months.
With a few extra weeks to prepare, the Rock Mountain team is busy planning for summer, making physical improvements to our facilities to serve our guests and campers better, and spending time connecting (digitally) with seasonal staff. We are hopeful and praying for a wonderful summer season of ministry in 2020.
This month, we also want to be mindful of all that is going on in the world and our country related to the Coronavirus; we ask that you be in prayer for our groups, churches, and ministries as we seek to encourage and serve those around us during this time of uncertainty. We are thankful to serve a faithful God, and for opportunities to point others to Him during this time!
In light of the current health concerns surrounding coronavirus, we wanted to make you aware of a few specific things regarding its impact on the ministry of Rock Mountain Bible Camp:
- First, we want to walk forward recognizing that we serve a God that is sovereign and faithful. We are trusting Him for guidance, wisdom and provision during this challenging season for our communities, churches, nation, and world.
- Out of concern for the health and safety of our guests, Rock Mountain Bible Camp is currently closed to guest and campers through April 30th. Decisions regarding camp operations in May will move forward depending on government directive and future information as it becomes available.
- Currently, our summer camp programs: Joshua Trek, Mini Camp, Teen Camp, Junior Camp & The Path will be held on their originally scheduled dates. The early bird registration date has been extended to May 1st.
- The campground will open as originally scheduled, on May 15th.
- The RMBC Golf Tournament, is still scheduled for June 6th.
- We desire that all campers and guests experience a safe, clean, healthy environment during their time at camp, no matter the circumstances, but we want you to know that Rock Mountain Bible Camp’s cleaning procedures are in alignment with CDC/EPA recommended guidelines specific to COVID-19, and we will continue to update any policies based on recommendations from national, state, and local leaders.
We are praying for a healthy, safe summer of ministry in 2020. We will keep you updated regarding changes to our ministry schedule should they be necessary as information about the coronavirus develops. Please join us in prayer for our nation and leaders as we navigate the challenges and fears surrounding the coronavirus, and for opportunities to share the gospel, and be an encouragement to our friends and neighbors during this time.
- Pray for our staffing needs as we look ahead to Summer 2020. Please pray specifically for Youth Camp Counselors during Teen & Junior Camp weeks.
- Pray for the many tasks ahead to get our facilities ready for summer–this Spring we are excited about some main building improvements (and can’t wait to share them with you soon!), as well as navigating some significant outdoor projects as we manage our forests, trails & campground.
- Pray for our churches, ministries and friends of camp as we all navigate together the impact of coronavirus; seeking to do so with wisdom, and grace, and diligently pursuing opportunities to love and serve our neighbors and communities during this difficult season.
- We are thankful for the way God uses camp! One leader said it this way, ” This weekend was an awesome opportunity to connect with students and watch God work up close.” This winter, hundreds of leaders and students got the opportunity to watch God work in and through them through the ministry of Rock Mountain, and we praise God for all He did this winter retreat season!
- Praise God for two awesome THAW retreat weekends. We are thankful for the teaching from God’s Word, students that grew in friendships, and their relationship with God.
- Our new website is LIVE! We have been working behind-the-scenes to create a new, fresh, and updated website to share our ministry with others.
Serve with us this summer and join us in our mission of providing opportunities to experience Truth, Community & Change through Jesus Christ.
Seasonal Positions Available for Ages 14 & Up:
- Service Staff
- Staff Counselor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Program Specialists
- Youth Camp Counselors