REMEMBERING ROCK: DECEMBER 2019
Ministry Update & Giving Tuesday
THANK YOU! December 3rd we participated in Giving Tuesday- a global movement to encourage generosity during the holiday season. We are thankful to each one who gave on Tuesday, and to those who continue to support Rock Mountain through their gifts and prayers.
The month of December is one filled with anticipation & preparation. As Christmas approaches, we decorate our homes, send out cards, and look forward to the magic of Christmas morning and celebrations with friends and family. Here at camp, we are anticipating our upcoming year of ministry, looking ahead to busy winter retreat weekends and using the remaining days of 2019 to prepare camp for our guests arrival and an amazing year of ministry ahead.
This season of anticipation and preparation is all to remind us of our greatest joy and the meaning of Christmas–that our Savior was born as a baby in Bethlehem. As we rejoice in His coming 2000 years ago, we anticipate the day He will return, and seek to share the good news of salvation with those around us. At Rock Mountain we are thankful for the opportunity to share that news through the teaching of God’s Word, and to experience the joy of watching lives be changed by our Savior, whom we celebrate at Christmas, Jesus.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas as you anticipate and celebrate the birth of our Savior this holiday season!
- Pray for Rock Mountain this month as we prepare camp for upcoming winter retreats, beginning January 3!
- Pray for the ongoing “First Impressions Project” as we raise funds to continue to improve our guest experience here at camp.
- Pray for a month of rest, spiritual encouragement, and reflection this Advent season as we worship our Savior and ready ourselves for the busy months of ministry ahead.
- Praise God with us for the chance to connect with former & current staff at our Christmas party & reunion this December.
- We are looking forward to serving several new groups in February & March and getting to know these new students & leaders.
- We are thankful for the opportunity we have had to connect with students at Faith Mountain Christian Academy, WOL Reverb & NJYM Convention as a part of their ministry events in November & December.
Event Highlight: THAW
February 28-March 1 or March 6-8
Middle School & High School Youth Groups
THAW is a weekend retreat for middle & high school youth groups. Each student & leader will be challenged to experience God’s truth through building relationships within their group, fun activities, and focused times in God’s Word.