Remembering Rock: November 2020
Hello from the team at Rock Mountain Bible Camp! As we enter into this season of thankfulness, we have much to be grateful for. The challenges of 2020 have provided opportunities to increase our awareness of God’s daily provision to us, to remind us of the privilege it is to gather together, to serve at camp, and to refocus our attention on the God who is in control of it all.
The ministry at Rock Mountain continues to move forward this month; providing opportunities to experience truth, community and change through Jesus Christ. There are opportunities to serve alongside us on Saturday during our Fall Clean-Up day, we will be hosting retreats, and going or going off-site to serve at youth events, and are pleased to start off our expanded campground season with TWO new year-round rental spaces, Pickering Lodge & Lakeview Lodge.
We are thankful for everyone who has prayed for the ministry of Rock Mountain, participated with us in all God is doing at camp, and for the guests we were able to serve in 2020.
Event Highlight: Fall Clean-Up Day
Saturday, November 14
Come join us to help with the fall clean-up in our Family Campground and Main Camp/Retreat Center. Volunteers should bring work gloves, water bottle, and tools/rakes.
Lunch will be provided!
COVID-19 Considerations: Face coverings are required indoors, and when 6′ distancing cannot be maintained between individuals who are not from the same family/group. Restrooms will be open, and lunch will be served cafeteria style
Winter Lodge Rentals & Summer Camping Reservations
* Lakeview Lodge & Pickering Lodge NOW AVAILABLE for Winter 20-21 Rentals!
*The Family Campground is accepting reservations for the 2021 Summer Camping Season
- Pray for the upcoming work day & for First Ukrainian Evangelical Baptist Church Mens Retreat at Rock Mountain this month.
- Continue to pray for protection for guests, campers and staff from the impacts of Covid-19, and for the continued financial challenges the pandemic has created.
- Pray for the student ministries as they plan for winter retreats in 2021 amid the changing circumstances, as they work to plan their retreats at Rock Mountain and to preserve the significant spiritual impact a weekend away at camp can have on the lives of those who attend.
- We are praising God for two wonderful Fall Overnighters; with almost 150 children & leaders over two weekends having fun in the beautiful fall weather and learning from the Bible together.
- We are excited about the new ministry opportunities available through Pickering Lodge & Lakeview Lodge–family gatherings, personal or leadership retreats & additional guest group hotel-style housing. Pray that these spaces would be used to encourage and minister to many people this winter!
- Thank the Lord with us for our BUSIEST campground season ever! What a blessing it was this summer to meet new families and friends of the ministry, and to provide such needed space for spiritual refreshment.
How Did You See God Work at Camp?
The students were so happy to finally be able to spend time together on a retreat. As always we had a great time growing together and in a closer relationship with Jesus. Thank you!
-Fall 2020 Retreat Leader