Remembering Rock: May 2021
Summer is here! We are thankful to be moving into a more “normal” season of ministry–and we know that many guests and campers are eager to return back to camp after missed events last year. Several projects, put on hold due to Covid have been able to move forward and we are excited for new programs like Pursue 4:7, and Family Weekend, as well as improvements made around camp, including new flooring in the lobby, and significant regrading to our cabin roads.
While we appreciate the familiarity that comes with “normal” we primarily anticipate what these more routine days represent; the opportunity to fellowship in-person with believers, the chance for students and young adults to hear the gospel for the first time and respond in faith, for the way God moves at camp where there is space and time to reflect on His Word and grow closer to Him without the distractions of everyday life.
These things are the “normal” of camp that we are so looking forward to. We are thankful for God’s provision and work in the past year, and are grateful for the chance to be a part of all He will do at camp this summer!
New Programs in 2021!
- Pray for First Ukrainian Evangelical Baptist Church, Pursue 4:7, Camino a’ Emaus, and Mini Camp happening at Rock Mountain in May and June!
- Pray for the month of training ahead! Beginning with Lifeguard Certification, Program Training, Leadership Training and finally Summer Staff Orientation–the next several weeks are full of opportunities for our staff to learn their roles and responsibilities for the summer. Pray for great unity, quick understanding of the skills they need to master and spiritual growth as we prepare to serve our staff, guests and campers!
- Pray for continued wisdom and protection as we navigate Covid-19, ever-changing regulations, and our desire to serve our guests and campers safely and with excellence this summer.
- We had a GREAT day at Rock Mountain Day Out! While the weather was chillier than expected in May, we enjoyed many outdoor activities, and were spiritually encouraged through time in God’s Word.
- The ministry of camp is centered around PEOPLE–and what God does during their time away at Rock Mountain. We are so thankful for a full campground, summer groups returning to camp, and full weeks of youth camps! We are excited to see what God will do this summer!
- We can’t wait to unveil our NEW lobby flooring, improved cabin roads and freshly painted cabins and campground snack shack. We are thankful for the chance to make these needed improvements, and every opportunity to provide a better experience for our guests.
How Did You See God Work at Camp?
|“In small groups, we found students taking the doubts and questions towards the “why does God let bad things happen to good people?” Students shared deeply, talking about things they’d never shared with anyone. It was meaningful to help students process their faith and their grief or pain.|
It was a joy to see students just loving being together, fishing, soaking up the beauty of the mountains, really getting a refreshing weekend as we move closer to the end of what has been a long pandemic.” It was a great boost to our students’ spirits, and allowed our volunteers to engage in spiritually significant conversations with students to set up for future conversations.
-Spring Retreat Leader