Remembering Rock: December 2020
Tis the season for Christmas Carols! Whether you are firmly committed to post-Thanksgiving Christmas celebrations, or have been listening to Christmas music since July, these festive and nostalgic melodies are more than just an announcement of the holidays. For the church they are beautiful reminders of the birth of our Savior, which we celebrate this season.
A Christmas classic, and one that seems especially meaningful this year is O Holy Night. The lyrics, “A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices/For yonder breaks, a new and glorious morn/Fall on your knees/O hear the angels’ voices/O night divine O night when Christ was born,” speak poignantly to to an obviously weary world in 2020.
Yet how much brighter does the hope of Jesus shine in contrast to such dark and weary days. May our response this holiday season be one of rejoicing and thankfulness as we fall on our knees in worship of our Savior. We are praying that in 2021 many hearts would bow before Him for the first time as they come to know Jesus, and that the ministry of camp would continue to point to the hope that is only found in Christ.
Merry Christmas from Rock Mountain Bible Camp!
Event Highlight: Winter Fun Nights
January 7, January 28, February 18 & March 11
Come join us select nights January – March to enjoy the fun of nighttime snow tubing at Rock Mountain Bible Camp.
Cost: FREE! Open to the Community!
Snow Tubing on Two Lighted Tubing Runs
Warm-up by the fire at the top of the tubing hill
COVID-19 Considerations: Face coverings are required indoors, and at all times when 6′ distancing cannot be maintained between individuals who are not from the same family/group.
Summer 2021 Youth Camps & Trips
*Summer Camp Registration for 2021 is now Open!
*Check out Junior Camp, Teen Camp, Mini Camp or one of our Adventure Trips in 2021!
- Pray for our [digital] Christmas party, to be a safe and spiritually encouraging touchpoint this month with our seasonal staff.
- Continue to pray for protection for guests, campers and staff from the impacts of Covid-19, and for the continued financial challenges the pandemic has created.
- Pray for student ministries as they plan for winter retreats in 2021 amid the changing circumstances, PA travel restrictions and local and state regulations as they seek to preserve the significant spiritual impact a weekend away at camp can have on the lives of those who attend.
- THANK YOU to everyone who came and helped us clean up Fall leaves at Rock Mountain, and prepare our grounds for winter!
- We are praising God for continued progress even in a pandemic. Facilities are being cleaned, outdoor drainage issues addressed and resolved, and ministry spaces improved as we anticipate and pray for opportunities to gather in 2021.
- We are praising God for His continued care and sustaining of the ministry of Rock Mountain Bible Camp through the support of many during the ongoing challenges presented by the pandemic.
How Did You See God Work at Camp?
God has given so much this weekend that I have lost count. The most prominent gift was the morning devotion that was given that created a deeper bond with me and God.
-Vincent, RMBC Guest Summer 2020