REMEMBERING ROCK: OCTOBER 2019
Happy October! Fall is a beautiful time of year at camp; the changing leaves, blue skies and cooler temperatures have a beauty that points to our creative God in a distinct way.
This setting is the perfect backdrop for fall weekend retreats. This past month, churches and students have come to camp each weekend to spend time away from their normal routines, and make it a priority to spend time with God, both alone and in community. This purposeful time away is used in so many ways by God to change student’s lives for eternity as they understand the gospel for the first time, surrender areas of their lives and hearts to God, or come to know Him in a deeper way. Every weekend we have the privilege of observing the way God is drawing people to Himself; and we are thankful for the beauty of God’s work in lives, amid the beauty of His creation.
- Pray for Bethany Church, the RMBC Fall Overnighters, Great Bend UMC, Fairview Village & Heritage Baptist Church Men’s Retreat, as they spend time at camp this month.
- Pray specifically for our Fall Overnighters: for the 3-6th grade students attending, their leaders, and our speakers that God would use these weekends to impact these young lives!
- Pray for our winter retreat season–we still have open opportunities to serve several more groups, and would love the chance to connect with new churches in 2020.
- For answered prayer, and testimonies like these from a recent retreat student: “What I liked about this experience was just being able to connect with God. It really helped me because I was just so lost and I thought that every time I messed up that God didn’t’ love me; but that’s not true. God does love me even when I mess up big time.” We are thankful for the way God’s truth takes root in hearts and lives during time at camp!
- As the family campground closes for the winter, we are thankful for the way it provides a place to connect and minister with families and churches as they spend time together in God’s creation.
- For the long-term ministry relationships we have had the chance to build with many groups–this past weekend, we served a church that has been coming to RMBC for over 16 years, and whose current leader started as a student attending this same Fall Retreat. We praise God for His faithfulness, and the chance to serve together year after year!
Event Highlight: Fall Overnighters
October 11-12 & 18-19
Enjoy a great retreat planned & run by Rock Mountain that allows relationships within church clubs to grow, God’s Word to be taught, and lots of fun to be had!