As we begin a month celebrating gratefulness & thanksgiving, it is important to recognize the many ways God has blessed us with the privilege of serving Him. As a staff we have been working through the book Knowing God by J.I. Packer this year. This week's chapter focused on the Grace of God and ended this way... The revealed will of God is that those who have received grace should henceforth give themselves to "good works" and gratitude will move anyone who has truly received grace to do as God requires and daily to cry out thus "Oh to grace how great a debtor!"-J.I. Packer
Reflecting on that quote, especially in conjunction with the upcoming month of thanksgiving highlights the motivation adn the mission here at camp. It is from a place of gratitude that we serve; thankful and humbled by the overwhelming grace of God revealed to us by Jesus, His death, resurrection and incredible love for us. This thankfulness fuels our desire to serve others, and share the good news of Jesus.
One of our high-school staff said it this way, "Everything we do at camp, only makes sense if we're doing it for God and not ourselves." So this month we are full of gratitude: for Jesus and His saving work; for the way he uses Rock Mountain to be a place lives are changed by the gospel; for the youth pastors, churches and leaders that sacrifice to walk along students and campers, and allow students to hear the good news of grace here at camp; and for the many supporters that make this ministry possible.
Thank you for your prayers and support of camp--we are privileged to serve alongside you in this good work.
- Pray for us as we have various opportunities to speak in chapels, represent camp at youth conferences & serve at off-site events this month; that we would continue to develop these ministry connections in our community.
- Pray for an opportunity to connect and serve some additional guest groups during our upcoming winter retreat season.
- Begin to pray with us for our staff team in 2019! That even now God would be preparing men & women who desire to grow in their walk with the Lord to serve with us here at Rock Mountain.
- We are thankful for Faith Mountain Christian Academy, and Evangelical Free Bible Church as they serve with us this month, raking leaves, doing Fall clean-up and preparing camp for winter.
- We had a great time at our 2 Fall Overnighters: Over 200 students and leaders enjoyed a fast-paced 20 hours at camp; making the most of their time together with fun games, crafts, and time spent together around the Word of God.
- We had a great season of ministry in teh family campground! The campground closed for the year on Columbus Day weekend; but we are thankful for the opportunity it provides for families to connect with each other, and to be encouraged spiritually as they enjoy time away in God's creation.